These easy-to-make Mexican Chicken Quesadillas are not only delicious and full of flavor, they’re also low in fat!
Nutrition Facts (Serving size is 1 tortilla)
- 4 boneless, skinless 4 oz. chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- Preheat a large skillet.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
- Cook chicken in skillet until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Spread chicken evenly over tortillas. Cover chicken with salsa and cheddar cheese. Place second tortilla over top.
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute, then cut into quarters. Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and lettuce on top.