Spiced Apple Cider
- In a large pot, combine agave, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cloves, allspice and cardamom. Place over high heat. Once the agave starts to liquefy and caramelize, turn stove to medium heat and carefully add cider, then vinegar, ginger, apple and citrus peels.
- Bring all ingredients to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally up to 15 min, so all the flavors combine together. Remove from heat and allow cooling to room temperature. Then use a mesh strainer and pour the liquid through it into a glass container. (Make sure it’s cooled enough.) Refrigerate and shake gently before serving.
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar (or as needed)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. whole cloves
- 2 tbsp. whole allspice
- 1 large black cardamom pod, slightly crushed
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-inch nub fresh ginger (usually the size of your thumb), sliced thin
- 2 apples, quartered and sliced thin (golden delicious are great choices)
- Peel of 1/2 orange
- Peel of 1/2 lemon
- Add cinnamon and water to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. After the liquid is boiling, turn to low-medium heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place in glass container (including the cinnamon sticks) and use as concentrate. Add to your water as needed! This is also a great addition to sparkling or tonic water!
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups water
Hot Cranberry Tea
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While simmering, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, agave and heat over medium-low heat, gently stirring, until the cranberries pop and are well coated with agave. Set aside.
- Pour the cranberry juice mixture into mugs (this recipe serves four), and then pour the cranberry/agave mixture in each mug using a spoon. Serve hot!
- 1 quart cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 tbsp. water