10 to 15 min.
40 to 50 min.
Calories per serving:
Spicy Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 whole carrot, chopped (only used for sweetening)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped and seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
Tangy Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook on medium-high heat until slightly browned.
- Turn heat to high and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low. Cook for at least 1 hour before serving, stirring regularly.
- Serve hot, placing a dollop of the Greek yogurt sauce on top of each bowl.