If you are hosting dinner this year, it’s time to start thinking about your meal plan – and by meal plan, we mean dessert first. This spiced hot fruit cake is an amazing choice! You may even want to do a test run!
- 2 cups apples, sliced
- 1 cup green pear, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- Lemon juice (one whole lemon)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. melted butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1 to 2 tsp. lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, sugar and spices.
- Add in honey and a little bit of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter mixture on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Add your nuts last.
- Mix fruit again and serve.
- You can also add your nuts in the last 30 minutes of the baking time if you prefer them hot and baked as well.