15 to 20 min.
Calories Per Serving
- 1 1/2 lbs. sliced white bread
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 chorizos
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Slice off bread crusts. Cut bread into small cubes. Place in a large, non-greased frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook until crispy and golden brown, stirring regularly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop celery, onions and pepper.
- Cut chorizos into small cubes. (Remember to remove from casings.) Place into a large frying pan and cook on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter to the pan with the chorizo and when melted, stir in celery, onions, pepper and seasonings. Stir frequently until onions are translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in orange zest and juice.
- In a large bowl, stir the hot mixture with the bread cubes. Let cool.
- You can make this ahead by covering and refrigerating up to 2 days.
- Stuff turkey just before roasting.