Cake, a fancy outfit, good food and dancing – yes, it’s wedding season! It’s the time of year when we all want to look and feel great in front of friends and the people we love. Whether you are walking down the aisle or attending as a guest, it’s time to get your body moving. These easy workouts will get you sweating and reaching your goals in no time, so all you’ll have to worry about is finding an outfit!
1. Mountain Climbers:
A calorie-torching workout!
- Begin in a push-up position with your weight supported by your hands and toes.
- Flex the knee and hip, and bring in one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip.
- Quickly reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed.
2. Bench Dips:
Feel confident about raising a glass to toast with this surprisingly effective move to make your arms look toned.
- Grip the edge of the bench.
- Keep your feet together and legs straight.
- Lower your body straight down slowly and press back up powerfully.
- Keep your elbows pointing back and your back upright.
3. Dumbbell Prisoner Squats:
Add dumbbell prisoner squats to your workout to get you in tip-top shape.
- Stand in a shoulder-width stance with toes pointed slightly outward.
- Hold the dumbbell while pulling your shoulders and elbows back.
- Lower into a squat position by pushing your hips back and bending your knees until the crease of the hip drops below knee level.
- Extend hips and knees upward, pushing yourself back to the starting position.
4. Medicine Ball Jumping Jacks:
Get your heart rate up, so you can dance all night long at an upcoming wedding with these medicine ball jumping jacks. Cardio is a great way to burn additional calories and to burn fat!
- Stand with legs together.
- Pick up ball and jump back and forth with the medicine ball over your head.