- 4 (5-6 oz.) salmon fillets, preferably wild
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup and 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Press salmon fillets between paper towels to dry surfaces thoroughly. Season on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1/3 cup oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets skin side down. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, pressing gently on back of fillets to ensure good contact with skin, until skin is rendered and crisp, about 6 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, in a large bowl, combine arugula, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss in grated cheese. Then top with the cubed avocado.
- Flip salmon and cook on second side for about 2 minutes. Transfer salmon to a paper towel-lined plate. Spoon salad onto plates, top with salmon and serve.