Making the smallest dietary adjustments in an overall diet plan can help your weight-loss results when you add them up over time. Here are ten simple tips that fit into any demanding schedule.
- Do not snack after dinner.
- Consume at least 8-10 glasses of water (8 oz.) per day.
- Use less salt and cut down on high-sodium foods.
- Choose diet soda over a regular 12-ounce can of soda – you’ll save about 150 calories.
- Change to whole-wheat and whole-grain products instead of white.
- Eat lean cuts of meat to slash calories, fat and cholesterol.
- Watch your portion sizes – a serving of meat should be the size of a deck of cards (approximately 4-6 oz).
- Swap regular salad dressing with low-calorie ones.
- If you’re short on time, don’t reach for high-calorie sweets.
- Replace 1% and 2% milk with skim milk.